|Submitted||Feb. 27, 2017|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To whom it may concern,
I am requesting records under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act (“FOIA”). 5 U.S.C.§ 552.
Further, I am seeking expedited processing of my request pursuant to 5 U.S.C.§ 552(a)(6)(E), as the subject of my request concerns a matter of current exigency to the American public, for reasons I will detail below.
I am seeking any and all records pertaining to contracts (either denied or executed) and communications (electronic or otherwise) between the Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM) and the following companies:
1) Morpho Detection
2) Safran S.A.
3) L-1 Identity Solutions
4) Evolv Technologies
5) Pramantha Solutions
1) Please include any internal memos generated by OBIM pertaining to the engagement of contractors to develop biometric technologies.
2) Please include any directives from other United States Government agencies pertaining to the engagement of contractors to develop biometric technologies.
The above requests include:
1) Any communications, including emails, text messages, and written correspondence.
2) Any physical documents, including memos, briefs and reports.
1) Please limit your search to records created on or after JANUARY 1, 2014, up to the date/time the search for responsive records begins. Including any records created before this time frame that have been circulated or shared among OBIM employees.
2) Include any publicly available records.
3) Search for, and disclose, releasable records even if they are available publicly through other sources outside OBIM, such as the National Archives and Records Administration.
4) If any records responsive or potentially responsive to my request have been destroyed, my request includes, but is not limited to, any and all records relating or referring to the destruction of those records. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all records relating or referring to the events leading to the destruction of those records.
I have requested expedited processing because I believe my request concerns a matter of widespread and exceptional interest for an informed public. Given statements President Trump made regarding his desire to expand surveillance, his selection of Rep. Pompeo as CIA Director, and the presence of individuals on his transition team associated with the aforementioned companies, it is my belief that the information in this request is both prescient and necessary.
The above information is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
FURNISHING OF ELECTRONIC RECORDS:
Please furnish all responsive records in electronic format.
All future correspondence can be directed to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me at: (214)683-4373.
Please be aware that under 5 U.S.C. § 552(a)(6)(A), a FOIA request is considered constructively denied after twenty business days and is subject to an appeal on that basis.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter.
There are no files associated with this request.