|Submitted||June 9, 2018|
|Est. Completion||June 10, 2019|
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
1) Copies of all performance appraisals of Joseph F. Guzowski (Guzowski) as Principal Director to the Inspector General for Inspections (PDTIGI);
2) Copies of all Army IG records about Guzowski from prior to his service as PDTIGI;
3) Copies of all records approved or disapproved by Guzowski pertaining to Equal Opportunity (EO) and Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention (SHARP) programs at any echelon;
4) Copies of any correspondence between Guzowski and the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army for Diversity and Leadership (DASA(D&L));
5) Copies of all records signed or authenticated by Guzowski which approved or disapproved release of IG records outside IG channels, the use of IG records as the basis for an adverse action, the factual amendment of IG records, or the reconsideration of IG determinations, findings, opinions, judgments, or conclusions;
6) Copies of all Army Regulation (AR) 15-6 Report of Investigation (ROI) files where Guzowski served as the Appointing Authority; and
7) Copies of all AR 735-5 Financial Liability for Property Loss (FLIPL) ROI files where Guzowski served as the Appointing Authority and/or Approving Authority.
There is an overriding public interest in releasing the above documents because of the high rank and high sensitivity of the PDTIGI position, in light of the serious misconduct substantiated by DODIG in Report 2018-062.
Dear Mr. Kenney:
This is an interim response to your Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request received on June 9, 2018, seeking Army Inspector General records. Your request has been placed in the complex que due to the volume of records that may have to be reviewed in response to your request.
The Army IG Records Release Office receives a large volume of FOIA requests and cannot always respond to requests as quickly as we would like. Accordingly, we make it our practice to respond to FOIA request in the order received. The approximate date of completion on your request is June 10, 2019 or it could take longer. The actual processing time will depend upon the number of prior requests, as well as the complexity and volume of documents to be reviewed for each request received before yours.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact this office at (703) 545-4591. Should you call, be sure to provide the FOIA number 18-659 that we have assigned to your request.
Ms. Thaleia Deramous
DAIG, Legal / Records Release Office
ATTN: SAIG-ZXR, (Records Release)
1700 Army Pentagon, Room 1E132
Washington, DC 20310-17002
Office email: email@example.com
Office of the Inspector General Website: http://daig.pentagon.mil
Thanks for the update. I am open to partial releases, broken down by each of the seven (7) bullet points. For instance, #1 would only be in the range of 50 pages. I hope that helps.
A no responsive documents response.
Attached is the U.S. Army Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) response pertaining to your FOIA request.
Freedom of Information Act Office (FOIA) Office of the Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of the Army (OAA) Chief Attorney and Legal Services (CALS)