Martin Peck filed this request with the Office of Personnel Management of the United States of America.
Est. Completion None
Partially Completed


From: Martin Peck

To Whom It May Concern:

This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act. I hereby request the following records:

Employee head count and contractor head count for any individuals tasked with FOIA request processing within the agency. Please provide a salary total cost for all FOIA employees, and a total hour count and cost for contract FOIA workers. Please provide counts and costs for all years with responsive records.

The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.

In the event that fees cannot be waived, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM, DVD-R, or BD-R if not.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.


Martin Peck

From: Internet, FOIA

Your request has been received by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Requester Service Center in Washington, DC. Your request will be forwarded to the appropriate OPM office for response as quickly as possible. If you have not visited the OPM - FOIA web page, we strongly encourage you to do so at and review important information about the rules OPM follows in handling requests for records, such as: how to make a FOIA request; what fees may be charged; what records are available for public inspection; why some records are not released; and your right to appeal and then go to court if we refuse to release records.

Personnel and Medical Records for Current Federal Employees

The Official Personnel Folders (OPFs), including SF 50s, for current Federal employees are stored at the employee's current employing agency. Therefore, for copies of your personnel records, if you are currently employed by the Federal government, please contact your agency's Freedom of Information/Privacy office.

Personnel and Medical Records for Former Federal Employees

The Official Personnel Folders (OPFs), including SF 50s, for most former civilian Federal employees are stored at the address below. Please mail or fax a signed and dated written request with your social security number, date of birth, the name of the last agency of employment, and the last date of employment to:

National Personnel Records Center (NPRC)<>
1411 Boulder Boulevard
Valmeyer, IL 62295

Fax #: 618-935-3014. More information is available on their website at: .

Information About a Federal Background Investigation
If you need information about a federal background investigation, we encourage you to visit the OPM Federal Investigative Services FOIA and Privacy Act page at for more information.

Thank you for contacting OPM's FOIA Requester Service Center.

From: Internet, FOIA

Good morning, Mr. Peck:

You can find this information in the OPM annual report which is published each year and which is on the OPM website. It provides an accounting as to who works on FOIA, costs expended processing requests and the amount of employees that are full time and an accounting of how much time has been expended processing requests by non-FOIA professionals.

Once you have reviewed the information on the OPM website, if you do not find the information you need or wish additional information, please do not hesitate to contact the OPM FOIA Requester Service Center again.

Thank you.

Office of the Chief Information Officer
Freedom of Information Act
Requester Service Center
Telephone: (202) 606-3642


There are no files associated with this request.