|Multi Request||First FOIA|
|Submitted||May 20, 2019|
|Due||June 18, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
*Documents generated as part of the creation of the FOIA office (defined as whatever department, office, or coordinator is responsible for overseeing and/or processing FOIA requests), whether this was at the time of the agency's creation or the passage of the Freedom of Information Act, to include:
1. The instruction to do so from the Agency, as well as any guidance from the senior leadership
2. Documents discussing proposals and procedures
3. Any legal guidance or analysis produced or acquired by the Agency in response to or as part of the creation of the FOIA office
4. Internal documents from the press office, legislative liaison's office (or equivalent), general counsel's office (or equivalent), director's office (or equivalent) or the newly created FOIA office, reacting to or characterizing the office and it's creation
* A copy of the agency's first perfected (successful) FOIA request
* Copies of other FOIA requests filed before the FOIA request described above
* Processing notes, search slips and response documents regarding the FOIA requests described above
* The first set of guidelines, instructions and/or forms created to control the agency's processing of FOIA requests
* A copy of the agency's first successful FOIA appeal
* Copies of other FOIA appeals received by the agency before the appeal described above
* Processing notes, search slips and response documents regarding the FOIA appeals described above
* The first set of guidelines, instructions and/or forms created to control the agency's processing of FOIA appeals
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
Dear Mrs. Best: This email acknowledges receipt of your Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, dated May 21, 2019, which was received in the Washington Office (WO) FOIA Service Center on May 21, 2019 . Y ou requested: Records a bout the creation of FOIA in the US Forest Service and appeals. Please be advisedthat the WO FOIA Service Center has a backlog of pending FOIA requests andappeals. We are diligently working to process each request and appeal inthe order in which it was received. Your patience is greatly appreciated. To check on the status of your request, you may contact Althea Granger at 202-205-1317, or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference your assigned case number, 2019-FS-WO-04124-F.
FOIA Service Center Team Forest Service