|Multi Request||First FOIA|
|Submitted||May 20, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
*Documents generated as part of the creation of the FOIA office (defined as whatever department, office, or coordinator is responsible for overseeing and/or processing FOIA requests), whether this was at the time of the agency's creation or the passage of the Freedom of Information Act, to include:
1. The instruction to do so from the Agency, as well as any guidance from the senior leadership
2. Documents discussing proposals and procedures
3. Any legal guidance or analysis produced or acquired by the Agency in response to or as part of the creation of the FOIA office
4. Internal documents from the press office, legislative liaison's office (or equivalent), general counsel's office (or equivalent), director's office (or equivalent) or the newly created FOIA office, reacting to or characterizing the office and it's creation
* A copy of the agency's first perfected (successful) FOIA request
* Copies of other FOIA requests filed before the FOIA request described above
* Processing notes, search slips and response documents regarding the FOIA requests described above
* The first set of guidelines, instructions and/or forms created to control the agency's processing of FOIA requests
* A copy of the agency's first successful FOIA appeal
* Copies of other FOIA appeals received by the agency before the appeal described above
* Processing notes, search slips and response documents regarding the FOIA appeals described above
* The first set of guidelines, instructions and/or forms created to control the agency's processing of FOIA appeals
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
The request has been forwarded from one agency to another agency or department for further review or follow up.
Confirm that your office will process the attached request. If the request should be processed by another office, please contact me within three days or the request will be transferred to your office.
Jacqueline (Jackie) Short
VACO FOIA Service
Quality, Performance, and Risk (QPR)
Office of Information and Technology (OI&T)
Office: (202) 632-7426 / Fax: (202) 632-7581
FOIA Service Hotline: 1-877-750-3642
Please take a moment and let us know how we did by completing a quick evaluation: Got a minute? Rate Our Service!<https://vaww.vashare.oit.va.gov/sites/QPR/Lists/QPR%20Customer%20Satisifaction%20Evaluation/Item/newifs.aspx>
QPR's Mission Statement:
"To instill and promote a culture of quality, privacy and risk management in collaboration with our business partners to enable a better Veteran experience."
Attached is the VA Office of General Counsel's acknowledgement of your FOIA request dated May 21, 2019.
M. Renee Baxter
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Office of General Counsel (OGC)
Email address: OGCFOIARequests@va.gov<mailto:OGCFOIARequests@va.gov>
FOIA Office: 202-461-7860
Ms. Best: Please review the attached letter which is in response to your May 21, 2019, FOIA/PA request to the Office of General Counsel. Thank you for your interest in the VA.