|Submitted||Feb. 9, 2017|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act. I hereby request the following records:
Any and all files, documents or communications collected or produced by your agency about the following:
1. The RMS Titanic (which sank in the Atlantic Ocean on the morning of April 15, 1912).
2. White Star Line, also referred to as The Oceanic Steam Navigation Company or White Star Line of Boston Packers, a British shipping and transport company from 1845-1934.
3. Thomas Henry Ismay (born Jan. 27, 1850), a British national.
4. Joseph Bruce Ismay (born Dec. 12, 1862), a British national.
5. Edward John Smith R.D. R.N.R. (born Jan. 27, 1850), a British national and Merchant Navy officer.
6. Thomas Andrews, Jr. (born Feb. 7, 1873), a British national and naval architect.
7. John Jacob Astor IV (born July 13, 1864), an American businessman and member of the U.S. Volunteers, as well as his wife Madeleine Astor (born June 19, 1893, maiden name Madeleine Force).
8. Margaret Brown (born July 18, 1867), an American socialite.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Freedom of Information request, copied below, and originally submitted on Feb. 9, 2017. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response, or if further clarification is needed.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
Good Afternoon Mr. Lawrence,
Your FOIA request has been answered. Please see attached letter concerning your request.
1st Lieutenant Talia Bastien
Adjutant/Installation Voting Assistance Officer
Marine Corps Installations National Capital Region
Marine Corps Base Quantico
3250 Caitlin Ave
Quantico, VA 22134