|Submitted||April 24, 2017|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act. I hereby request the following records:
- The most recent "snapshot" or backup of the website at https://opendata.epa.gov, its subpages and subdomains. This request includes any and all site assets, including but not limited to: website page content; images; audio and video files; downloadable files, such as PDF, CSV, XLSX, and JSON files; databases; datasets; and any and all other site assets. In the event that a recent "snapshot" or backup is not available, then I request a copy of the site itself as of the date your office processes this request. This website is manage by EPA's Office of Environmental Information.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by email attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
This message is to confirm your request submission to the FOIAonline application: View Request. Request information is as follows: (https://foiaonline.regulations.gov:443/foia/action/public/view/request?objectId=090004d2812ac4bf)
* Tracking Number: EPA-HQ-2017-006464
* Requester Name: Joshua Eaton
* Date Submitted: 04/24/2017
* Request Status: Submitted
* Description: The most recent "snapshot" or backup of the website at https://opendata.epa.gov, its subpages and subdomains.
05/22/2017 11:58 AM FOIA Request: EPA-HQ-2017-006464
Thank you for your follow up. However, I am requesting the most recent backup or snapshot of this page as of 4/24/2017, not a link to the current page. If EPA possess this backup, it's an agency record responsive to FOIA.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation in this matter.
A letter stating that the request appeal has been received and is being processed.
EPA-HQ-2017-007741 has been processed with the following final disposition: Affirmed on Appeal -- Records not reasonably described. Dear Mr. Eaton: Please see the attached appeal determination for the above-referenced appeal. I have carefully considered your request, EPA’s decision, and your appeal. For the reasons set forth in the determination, I have determined that your appeal should be, and is, denied as an improper request. The determination specifies how you may be able to reframe your request properly. If you have any questions concerning this determination, please contact Casey Pickell, at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you.