Emerald Onion's request about USG Tor usage 20200301 (Bureau of Prisons)
|Multi Request||Emerald Onion's request about USG Tor usage 20200301|
|Submitted||March 1, 2020|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
From: Christopher Sheats
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
Copies of internal presentations, reports, studies, memorandum, or proposals created or received by Bureau of Prisons concerning software developed by The Tor Project, Inc., including but not limited to:
- Tor Browser
- Tor bridges
- Tor onion sites (v2 or v3, sometimes called "darkweb" or "darknet" sites)
- Tor onion services (v2 or v3, sometimes called "hidden services")
- Tor bandwidth authorities or directory authorities
- Tor pluggable transports (obfs4, meek, ScrambleSuit, etc)
- Tor relays (also known as "routers" or "nodes", sometimes called "guard", "middle", or "exit" relays)
Please limit this request to documents from 2010-January-01 through the date the search for responsive records is conducted.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter.
I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
From: Bureau of Prisons
Request number 2020-02656