|Submitted||Sept. 7, 2015|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
Good morning Mr. Peck,
It appears that you are making a FOIA request to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission but have sent the request to the Department of Energy in error.
Department of Energy
To Whom It May Concern:
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act. I hereby request the following records:
Regulations and requirements for physical security of power transmission substations prepared by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC). Please include processing notes for this request even if denied in part.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that fees cannot be waived, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM, DVD-R, or BD-R if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
Please be advised that regulations at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission are public information. Therefore, a Freedom of Information Act request is not required regarding regulations. This type of information is available on our webpage and/or the FERC elibrary database. Generally, information regarding power substations is classified as Critical Energy Infrastructure Information (CEII). For your convenience we are providing links to information from that may be of interest to you:
* FERC MAJOR RULES AND REGULATIONS: http://www.ferc.gov/legal/maj-ord-reg.asp
* Critical Energy Infrastructure Information (CEII) Regulations: http://www.ferc.gov/legal//maj-ord-reg/land-docs/ceii-rule.asp
* FORM 715 http://www.ferc.gov/docs-filing/forms/form-715/instructions.asp
* FERC ELIBRARY: http://www.ferc.gov/docs-filing/elibrary.asp
* Quick Tip<http://www.ferc.gov/docs-filing/elibrary/quick-tip.pdf> [PDF]
* Quick Help<http://www.ferc.gov/docs-filing/elibrary/quick-help.asp>
* Viewing Large Files in eLibrary<http://www.ferc.gov/docs-filing/elibrary/larg-file.pdf> [PDF]
* eLibrary Class/Type Information<http://www.ferc.gov/docs-filing/elibrary/class-type.pdf> [PDF]
* eLibrary Docket Prefix Information<http://www.ferc.gov/docs-filing/elibrary/docket-prefix.pdf> [PDF]
* FERC ONLINE FORM TO REQUEST CEII MATERIAL:
If you have additional questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact the FERC FOIA/CEII service center at email@example.com or (202) 502-6088.
Federal Energy Regulatory Commission<http://www.ferc.gov>
Office of External Affairs
FOIA Public Liaison
Phone: (202) 502-8389 / Toll Free: 1-866-208-3372
Online FOIA & CEII request forms: http://www.ferc.gov/legal/ceii-foia.asp
NOTICE: This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain information that is classified as privileged, CEII or otherwise protected from disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete the original message and attachments from your computer and other electronic devices.
There are no files associated with this request.