It is a clone of this request.
|Submitted||Sept. 15, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
Any and all DHS/CBP records regarding Adnan Khashoggi (in Arabic: عدنان خاشقجي), a deceased foreign national. He is listed on Wikipedia as having the date of birth July 25, 1935.
Adnan Khashoggi is widely reported to have died in 2017 in London, England (see attached article from the Washington Post/South China Morning Post); records concerning him as a subject should thus be assumed free from FOIA Exemption 6, 7(C) and the Privacy Act.
In addition, I request any and all DHS/CBP records for entities related to Adnan Khashoggi: Triad Holding Corporation; Triad Financial Establishment; Triad America Corporation; Triad International Marketing; Akorp, N.V.; Ekorp, N.V.; A.K. Holdings, S.A.; A.K. Holdings Ltd.; Triad Foundation; Triad Condas; Edgington Oil Company; Handlingair Ltd.
Please conduct a search of all systems of records for both main-file records and cross-reference records for all relevant names, agencies and companies. Particular systems of records of interest include (not exclusively):
• DHS/USCIS/ICE/CBP-001 Alien File, Index, and National File Tracking System of Records.
• DHS/ALL-041 External Biometric Records (EBR)
• DHS/CBP-001 Import Information System (IIS)
• DHS/CBP-002 Global Enrollment System (GES)
• DHS/CBP-003 Credit/Debit Card Data System
• DHS/CBP-005 Advance Passenger Information System (APIS)
• DHS/CBP-006 Automated Targeting System (ATS)
• DHS/CBP-007 Border Crossing Information (BCI)
• DHS/CBP-008 Non-Federal Entity Data Systems (NEDS)
• DHS/CBP-009 Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA)
• DHS/CBP-010 Persons Engaged in International Trade in Customs and Border Protection Licensed/Regulated Activities
• DHS/CBP-011 U.S. Customs and Border Protection TECS
• DHS/CBP-012 Closed Circuit Television System
• DHS/CBP-013 Seized Assets and Case Tracking System (SEACATS)
• DHS/CBP-016 Nonimmigrant Information System (NIIS)
• DHS/CBP-017 Analytical Framework for Intelligence (AFI)
• DHS/CBP-019 Air and Marine Operations Surveillance System (AMOSS)
• DHS/CBP-021 Arrival and Departure Information System (ADIS)
• DHS/CBP-023 Border Patrol Enforcement Records (BPER)
• DHS/CBP-024 Intelligence Records System (CIRS)
If any potentially responsive records have been destroyed and/or transferred to NARA, then I request copies of the destruction or transfer slips as well as any other documentation relating to, mentioning or describing said transfer or destruction, to include but not be limited to confirmation that CBP has no other copies of said records.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
This message is to confirm your request submission to the FOIAonline application: View Request. Request information is as follows: (https://www.foiaonline.gov/foiaonline/action/public/submissionDetails?trackingNumber=CBP-2019-085161&type=request)
* Tracking Number: CBP-2019-085161
* Requester Name: T. McElwee
* Date Submitted: 09/16/2019
* Request Status: Submitted
Please See attachment for description
MuckRock News, DEPT MR 80410
411A Highland Ave
Somerville, MA, 02144
Dear T. McElwee:
This notice acknowledges receipt of your Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) received on 09/16/2019 in which you are seeking records pertaining to deceased foreign national Adnan Khashoggi.
Please use the following unique FOIA tracking number CBP-2019-085161 to track the status of your request. If you have not already done so, you must create a FOIAonline account at https://foiaonline.gov. This is the only method available to check the status of your pending FOIA request. (https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/)
Provisions of the Act allow us to recover part of the cost of complying with your request. We shall charge you for records in accordance with the DHS FOIA regulations outlined on the DHS website, https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2016/11/22/2016-28095/freedom-of-information-act-regulations. By submitting your request, you have agreed to pay up to $25.00 in applicable processing fees, if any fees associated with your request exceed this amount, CBP shall contact you; however, the first 100 pages are free. (https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2016/11/22/2016-28095/freedom-of-information-act-regulations)
Due to the increasing number of FOIA requests received by this office, we may encounter some delay in processing your request. Consistent with 6 C.F.R. Part 5 § 5.5(a) of the DHS FOIA regulations, CBP processes FOIA requests according to their order of receipt. Although CBP’s goal is to respond within 20 business days of receipt of your request, FOIA does permit a 10-day extension of this time period in certain circumstances pursuant to 6 C.F.R. Part 5 § 5.5(c).
CBP’s FOIA Division is working hard to reduce the amount of time necessary to respond to FOIA requests. Currently, the average time to process a FOIA request related to "travel/border incidents" is a minimum of 3-6 months. We truly appreciate your continued patience.
For additional information please consult CBP FOIA website please click on FOIA Act Resources or visit (http://www.cbp.gov/site-policy-notices/foia) http://www.cbp.gov/site-policy-notices/foia. (http://www.cbp.gov/site-policy-notices/foia)
U.S. Customs and Border Protection
CBP-2019-085161 has been processed with the following final disposition: Full Grant