It is a clone of this request.
|Submitted||Aug. 4, 2017|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act. I hereby request the following records:
Adler Berriman "Barry" Seal (July 16, 1939 – February 19, 1986) was an American drug smuggler, and aircraft pilot and dealer who flew flights for the Medellín Cartel.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
Pursuant to 6 C.F.R. Part 5 § 5.3(b) of the DHS FOIA regulations, you must describe the records you are seeking with as much information as possible to ensure that our search of appropriate systems of records can find them with a reasonable amount of effort. Your FOIA request has been closed as insufficient for one or more of the following reasons:
· Did not include a clear and detailed description of the records being requested. Please be advised that the FOIA does not require federal agencies to answer inquiries or create records in response to a FOIA request, but rather is limited to requiring agencies to provide access to reasonably described, nonexempt records. As you have failed to reasonably describe the records you are seeking, your request is not a perfected request, and we are unable to initiate a search for responsive records.
Please resubmit your FOIA request, along with the required information, by logging into your existing FOIAonline account or go to https://foiaonline.regulations.gov to create an account.
This message is to confirm your request submission to the FOIAonline application: View Request. Request information is as follows: (https://foiaonline.regulations.gov:443/foia/action/public/view/request?objectId=090004d2814f2d51)
* Tracking Number: CBP-2017-079448
* Requester Name: Eric Anderson
* Date Submitted: 08/04/2017
* Request Status: Submitted
* Description: Adler Berriman ''Barry'' seal (July 16, 1939 - February 19, 1986) was an American drug smuggler, and aircraft pilot and dealer who flew flights for the Medellin cartel.
There are no files associated with this request.