|Submitted||Dec. 31, 2017|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act. I hereby request the following records:
Any DOJ documents that would indicate the exact amount of taxpayer money the DOJ spent (from 1993 - 2017) protecting and /or promoting the business, and/or financial and/or personal interest of Charles Richard Longo Sr. (deceased 2011), such as lying in federal court, quashing legal subpoenas, evading process servers, the alleged quashing of politically sensitive FOIA request with Glomar exemptions, involving, but not limited to the DOJ Headquarters in D.C., Maryland, and the Southern District of Florida.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is being made for commercial purposes.
I agree to pay reasonable charges.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
Please see the attached response to your FOIA request. Please note, your request has been assigned tracking number EMRUFOIA010518.
Dear Mr. Stone:
Attached, please find the response to your FOIA request to OLC that was assigned tracking number FY18-052.
Melissa Golden, Esq.
Lead Paralegal and FOIA Specialist
Office of Legal Counsel
Department of Justice
This message is to confirm your request submission to the FOIAonline application: View Request. Request information is as follows: (https://foiaonline.regulations.gov:443/foia/action/public/view/request?objectId=090004d2817c6566)
* Tracking Number: EOUSA-2018-001720
* Requester Name: Don Stone
* Date Submitted: 01/10/2018
* Request Status: Submitted
* Description: Any documents that would indicate the exact amount of taxpayer money the DOJ spent protecting and /or promoting the business, and/or financial and/or personal interest of Charles Richard Longo Sr. (deceased 2011). LONGO EXPENSES 003#3
In response to your Freedom of Information Act and/or Privacy Act request, the paragraph(s) checked below apply:
1. [ ] Your request has been forwarded to _____________for a direct response to you.
2. [ ] The records responsive to your request have been destroyed pursuant to Department of Justice guidelines.
3. [ ] Your request seeks records which may be available from the clerk of the court. You should contact the clerk of the court directly to seek possible release of the records.
4. [ ] Your request pertains to state or local matters, the records for which are maintained by state or local agencies and, therefore, are outside the scope of the Act. You should contact the pertinent state or local agency for a response to your request.
5. [ X ] The Freedom of Information Act only applies to records already in existence and does not require an agency to conduct research, create new records, or answer questions presented as FOIA requests.
6. [ ] Your request concerns material which is publicly available through the Government Printing Office. You can obtain/purchase a copy of the requested material by writing to the Information Dissemination (Superintendent of Documents), U.S. Government Printing Office, P.O. Box 371954, Pittsburgh, PA 15250-7954.
7. [ ] Please note that your original letter was split into separate files (“requests”), for processing purposes, based on the nature of what you sought. Each file was given a separate Request Number (listed below), for which you will receive a separate response:
This is the final action on this above-numbered request. If you are not satisfied with my response to this request, you may administratively appeal by writing to the Director, Office of Information Policy (OIP), United States Department of Justice, Suite 11050, 1425 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20530-0001, or you may submit an appeal through OIP's FOIAonline portal by creating an account on the following web site: https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/home. Your appeal must be postmarked or electronically transmitted within ninety (90) days of the date of my response to your request. If you submit your appeal by mail, both the letter and the envelope should be clearly marked “Freedom of Information Act Appeal.” (https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/home)
You may contact our FOIA Public Liaison at the telephone number listed above for any further assistance and to discuss any aspect of your request. Additionally, you may contact the Office of Government Information Services (OGIS) at the National Archives and Records Administration to inquire about the FOIA mediation services they offer. The contact information for OGIS is as follows: Office of Government Information Services, National Archives and Records Administration, 8601 Adelphi Road-OGIS, College Park, Maryland 20740-6001; e-mail at email@example.com; telephone at 202-741-5770; toll free at 1-877-684-6448; or facsimile at 202-741-5769. (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
Form No. 005A - 12/15