|Tracking #||USMC-HQ 2013F041064|
|Submitted||Sept. 17, 2013|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act. I hereby request the following records:
1) All records to, from or mentioning Ergun Caner created between August 1, 2010 and the date this request is processed.
To help the USMC locate these records, the types of records that may exist are:
* Discussion of the copyright status of video released of Caner under HQMC-201000446.
* Investigation into the claims made by Caner, including consideration of prosecution of Caner for deceiving the Marines or to asses the risk Marines were placed in by receiving faulty training.
* Any correspondence with Caner concerning the training he provided on or around April 15, 2005 for Marine Aircraft Group-29.
2) The complete case file for the FOIA request HQMC-201000446 and any other record mentioning this request where that record is held by the main USMC FOIA office.
I also request that, if appropriate, fees be waived as I believe this request is in the public interest. The requested documents will be made available to the general public free of charge as part of the public information service at MuckRock.com, processed by a representative of the news media/press and is made in the process of news gathering and not for commercial usage.
In the event that fees cannot be waived, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
This FOIA request was made on 9/17/13, but I have not received even the most simple confirmation of receipt. Please provide me with (a) acknowledgement of receipt (b) a tracking number for this request and (c) the estimated time of completion.
Thank you very much.
Good Morning Mr. Smathers,
Attached please find our receipt acknowledgment letter for your request below. Thanks
Please withdraw this request. I see that I have failed in properly communicating several aspects of this request and believe the best way to remedy the situation to to completely withdraw this request. You can expect to see the same subject matter addressed in a new request today.
OK Mr. Smathers I will close out this request. Thanks