|Submitted||Nov. 29, 2014|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act. I hereby request the following records:
All applicable versions of the below listed "Death in Custody Reporting" forms submitted for the year 2013 by the subsequent list of correctional/detention facilities:
* La Palma Correctional Center (Eloy, Arizona)
* Red Rock Correctional Center (Eloy, Arizona)
* Saguaro Correctional Facility (Eloy, Arizona)
*CAI Ocean View (San Diego, California)
* Bent County Correctional Facility (Las Animas, Colorado)
* Crowley County Correctional Facility (Olney Springs, Colorado)
* Huerfano County Correctional Center (Walsenburg, Colorado)
* Kit Carson Correctional Center (Burlington, Colorado)
* Coffee Correctional Facility (Nicholls, Georgia)
*Jenkins Correctional Center (Millen, Georgia)
* Wheeler Correctional Facility (Alamo, Georgia)
* Lee Adjustment Center (Beattyville, Kentucky)
* Marion Adjustment Center (St. Mary, Kentucky)
* Otter Creek Correctional Center (Wheelwright, Kentucky)
* Prairie Correctional Facility (Appleton, Minnesota)
* Tallahatchie County Correctional Facility (Tutwiler, Mississippi)
* Crossroads Correctional Center (Shelby, Montana)
* New Mexico Women’s Correctional Facility (Grants, New Mexico)
*Lake Erie Correctional Institution (Conneaut, Ohio)
* Cimarron Correctional Facility (Cushing, Oklahoma)
* Davis Correctional Facility (Holdenville, Oklahoma)
* Diamondback Correctional Facility (Watonga, Oklahoma)
* North Fork Correctional Facility (Sayre, Oklahoma)
* Whiteville Correctional Facility (Whiteville, Tennessee)
*D.C. Correctional Treatment Facility (Washington, D.C.)
* Bay Correctional Facility (Panama City, Florida)
* Citrus County Detention Facility (Lecanto, Florida)
* Graceville Correctional Facility (Graceville, Florida)
* Lake City Correctional Facility (Lake City, Florida)
* Moore Haven Correctional Facility (Moore Haven, Florida)
*Idaho Correctional Center (Boise, Idaho)
* Marion County Jail (Indianapolis, Indiana)
* Winn Correctional Center (Winnfield, Louisiana)
* Silverdale Facilities (Chattanooga, Tennessee)
* South Central Correctional Center (Clifton, Tennessee)
* Metro-Davidson County Detention Facility (Nashville, Tennessee)
* Hardeman County Correctional Facility (Whiteville, Tennessee)
* Bartlett State Jail (Bartlett, Texas)
* Bradshaw State Jail (Henderson, Texas)
* Lindsey State Jail (Jacksboro, Texas)
* Willacy State Jail (Raymondville, Texas)
* California City Correctional Center (California, City, California)
* Leo Chesney Correctional Center (Live Oak, California)
* Bridgeport Pre-Parole Transfer Facility (Bridgeport, Texas)
* Houston Educational Facility (Houston, Texas)
I also request that, if appropriate, fees be waived as I believe this request is in the public interest. The requested documents will be made available to the general public free of charge as part of the public information service at MuckRock.com, processed by a representative of the news media/press and is made in the process of news gathering and not for commercial usage.
In the event that fees cannot be waived, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
Beryl C.D. Lipton
Your request for information has been received. Please read this automatic reply carefully as this may be the only response you receive from this office.
If your request involves:
Inmate register numbers, age, race, sex, projected release date and location, or date released can be found on the BOP website via the Inmate Locator at:
The website contains information on the current prison population and on inmates released from 1982 - present. If your request is for information available on the website, this is the only response you will receive. If you are unable to access the information via the website you may resubmit your request, however, please specify that you were unable to obtain the information from the website. In order that we may continue to provide needed information in a quick and efficient manner, please also indicate why you could not obtain the information from the site.
Additionally, the database we use in our office to search for inmate information is the same database used on our website. If your search results in "NO RECORD FOUND," there is no further search our office can conduct that will provide a different response.
If you are requesting information that is not available via the Inmate Locator, (Inmate register numbers, age, race, sex, projected release date and location, or date released) please be advised that an original release Authorization from that person that is either notarized or contains a penalty of perjury statement is required. For your convenience, you may use form DOJ-361, which can be found on the BOP website for a release authorization. This request must be submitted in writing to:
320 First Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20534
If you believe you are entitled to the information you seek without authorization from the subject of the record, you should reply to this email, and indicate that you wish us to process your request as is, without authorization. You will need to explain why you are entitled to the information without an authorization. Absent a legally sufficient reason for releasing the records without consent, your request will be denied and appeal rights will be given. Otherwise, this is the only response you will receive to such requests until a written request is submitted.
Requests for records maintained on non-inmate persons:
Requests for information on an individual cannot be processed without a current, original release Authorization from that person that is either notarized or contains a penalty of perjury statement. For your convenience, you may use form DOJ-361, which can be found on the BOP website for a release authorization. This request must be submitted in writing to:
320 First Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20534
If you believe you are entitled to the information you seek without authorization from the subject of the record, you should reply to this text and indicate that you wish us to process your request as is, without authorization. Otherwise, this is the only response you will receive to such requests until a written request is submitted.
Requests for information not related to an individual:
All other requests will be processed and a response forwarded as soon as possible.
BOP's FOIA Service Center:
You may check the status of a request by contacting the BOP's FOIA Service Center (FSC) at 202.616.7750. Please note that this service is available only to requesters seeking information concerning the status of a submitted FOIA request.
A no responsive documents response.