North Carolina police data collection (Union County Sheriff)
|Multi Request||North Carolina police data collection|
|Submitted||July 16, 2021|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
From: Samuel Sinyangwe
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the North Carolina Public Records Law, I hereby request the following records:
1. the total number of use of force incidents reported by law enforcement, separated by year and by type of force used from 2013-2020 (for example, "27 taser incidents in 2019, 3 baton incidents in 2020, etc.)
2. the total number of civilian complaints alleging any form of law enforcement misconduct that were reported and the total number sustained from 2013-2020, separated by year (for example, 8 complaints in 2016, 2 complaints sustained in 2016, 4 complaints in 2017, 1 complaint sustained in 2017, etc.)
3. the total number of civilian complaints alleging law enforcement use of excessive force that were reported and the total number sustained from 2013-2020, separated by year.
4. the total number of civilian complaints alleging biased policing or racial profiling that were reported and the total number sustained from 2013-2020, separated by year.
5. the total number of civilian complaints alleging criminal conduct that were reported and the total number sustained from 2013-2020, separated by year.
6. all information reported to the FBI’s National Use-of-Force Data Collection program to date.
7. a list of all officer involved shootings that were directed at a person from 2013-20 (excluding shootings of animals and accidental discharges that are not directed at a person).
8. the total amount of money paid out in lawsuits and settlements relating to allegations of police misconduct per year from 2013-20. This includes copies of all reports, lists, databases, or individual documents that detail lawsuits brought against the city's police department and the outcome of lawsuits brought against the city's police department including any financial settlement occurring from 2013-20. It should also include any documents that your department submits to local, state, or federal agencies listing the number and/or status of lawsuits brought against the police department. This request includes any documents compiled quarterly, annually, or in other increments as well as any documents or databases that contain responsive information.
If only partial information is available responsive to one or more of these requests, please provide all of the information that is available.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days.
From: Union County Sheriff
A no responsive documents response.
From: Muckrock Staff
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following North Carolina Public Records Law request, copied below, and originally submitted on July 16, 2021. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.