|Submitted||Sept. 5, 2017|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
The following materials related to facilities under the jurisdiction of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice:
• any and all preparatory materials provided to facilities mentioning or referencing "Hurricane Harvey."
• any and all lists of facilities and operations expected to be affected by Hurricane Harvey and any lists detailing those that were indeed affected.
• any and all evaluative reports regarding the conditions of facilities affected by Hurricane Harvey or related flooding and wind damage.
• any and all estimates regarding the cost to repair and restore any and all affected facilities; please include a list of the affected facilities.
• any and all plans, procedures, and directives regarding the relocation of inmates held in facilities affected by Hurricane Harvey.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days, as the statute requires.
We are in receipt of your September 5th request for information related to the TDCJ's operations during Hurricane Harvey. We are in the process of identifying the requested information and will be preparing an estimate of charges. We know the estimated cost for producing the requested information will be thousands of dollars. However, in the course of preparing for and responding to the storm, the TDCJ posted a significant amount of information on its public webpage and social media accounts. You can find these materials here:
The information we have already posted online may be sufficient to satisfy your request at this time. Nevertheless, we will continue to process your request and will be sending you a cost estimate unless we hear otherwise.
Please let us know how you would like to proceed.
Eric K. Miller
Assistant General Counsel
Texas Department of Criminal Justice
P: (936) 437-6002
F: (936) 437-6994
The information contained in this email and any attachments is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential, privileged, or proprietary information. Any other use of these materials is strictly prohibited. This email may not be forwarded outside the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, Office of the General Counsel, without the permission of the original sender. If you have received this material in error, please immediately notify me by telephone and destroy all electronic, paper, or other versions.
A fix is required to perfect the request.