|Submitted||Jan. 18, 2017|
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to Virginia Freedom of Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
Any and all contracts (as well as all associated amendments, exhibits, and materials), memorandums of understanding, and other equivalent agreements entered into by this agency with or any other social media surveillance software or equipment company, including but not limited to:
• Intrado Inc.
• Magnet Forensics
• Media Sonar
• Signal Corporation
Responsive materials should include but not be limited to:
• the initial Invitation to Bid, Request for Proposal, or equivalent call for contractors
• the responsive materials provided by the winning bidder
• other bidder responses
• the current contract
• all exhibits
• all amendments
• all performance work statements
• all deliverables inventories
• all invoices related to the deliverance of software, services, or goods
Please also include:
• all policies related to the acquisition and use of social media and surveillance software by individual officers and representatives of this agency
• all materials related to the use of any other social media platform, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Nextdoor, etc.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 5 business days, as the statute requires.
The Stafford County Sheriff’s Office does not currently have any contracts or agreements with any social media surveillance software or equipment company.
If in the future we determine a need for the software, we would follow the Stafford County Purchasing Guidelines, which are on the Stafford County Government website. The link is http://co.stafford.va.us/DocumentCenter/Home/View/190.
There is no charge for this response.
Captain Shawn Kimmitz
Stafford County Sheriff’s Office
FBI National Academy 247th Session