|Police data collection request
|Dec. 29, 2020
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Florida Sunshine Law, I hereby request the following records:
1. the total number of use of force incidents, separated by year and by type of force used from 2016-2020 (for example, "27 taser incidents in 2016, 3 baton incidents in 2017, etc.)
2. the total number of civilian complaints alleging any form of law enforcement misconduct that were reported and the total number sustained, separated by year (for example, 8 complaints in 2016, 2 complaints sustained in 2017, 4 complaints in 2018, 1 complaint sustained in 2019, etc.)
3. the total number of civilian complaints alleging law enforcement use of excessive force that were reported and the total number sustained from 2016-2020, separated by year
4. the total number of civilian complaints alleging biased policing or racial profiling that were reported and the total number sustained from 2016-2020, separated by year
5. the total number of civilian complaints alleging criminal conduct that were reported and the total number sustained from 2016-2020, separated by year
Note that my requests for civilian complaints are specifically for civilian complaints alleging police misconduct, please do not include complaints filed by one officer/the department against another officer.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Florida Sunshine Law request, copied below, and originally submitted on Dec. 29, 2020. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
Please see attached documents. In addition to personal e-mail, we have several other options for public records request. When using a personal e-mail address that employee may not be available. We have Gov Q&A and email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.
1301- 1st Ave N
St. Petersburg, FL 33705