|Multi Request||Maryland police data|
|Submitted||Sept. 14, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Maryland Public Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
1. All information reported to the Maryland Police Standards and Training Commission regarding Serious Police Officer Involved Incidents and Officers Disciplined as required by Public Safety Article §3-207(b)(1) in 2017 and 2018.
2. All traffic stop data reported pursuant to Maryland Transportation Article, § 25-113 for stops made in 2017 and 2018.
3. The total number of civilian complaints reported in 2016, 2017, and 2018 (separated by year).
4. The total number of civilian complaints sustained in 2016, 2017, and 2018 (separated by year).
5. The total number of uses of force reported in 2016, 2017, and 2018, separated by type of force used for each year (separated by year).
Note, I’m requesting aggregate statistics or these requests, which does not include identifiable or protected information regarding complaints, officer personnel records, or use of force.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Maryland Public Information Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on Sept. 14, 2019. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
Pursuant to the Maryland Public Information Act, we have attached all the requested items with the exception of the Maryland Police Standards and Training Commission information, as to date they have not set any guidelines as to how Agencies are required to respond to this request. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Lieutenant Michael Gardiner at 301-475-4200, extension *1966.
Karen M. Moore
St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office
Sr. Admin Coordinator
Office of Professional Responsibilities, Internal Affairs
Work: (301)475-4200 ext *1903
Fax : (301)475-4734
This electronic message transmission contains information that may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this communication to the sender and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system.
There are too many files to display on this communication. See all files
2018 Traffic Stops Combined-REDACTED