|Submitted||Jan. 6, 2014|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
This is a request under the South Carolina Freedom of Information Act for additional information related to request #2013-906, completed on December 19, 2013, about SLED's usage of ALPR technology.
I am requesting the following records:
- A list of local, state, and federal agencies that have access to SLED's ALPR system or back office;
- A list of all agencies that have opted to submit their data to SLED's ALPR system or back office;
- The number of individual users with access to SLED's ALPR system or back office;
- A list of all current "hot lists" and the number of plates on each;
- The number of "reads" that were submitted to SLED's ALPR system between 01-01-2013 and 12-31-2013;
- The number of "hits" or "alerts" that were generated during the same period (If possible, please include the number of alerts broken out by hot list);
- The number of ALPR devices owned or operated by SLED, broken out by type (ie: fixed, mobile, or portable);
- A list of all fixed-position devices and their locations;
- The current status of the DICE and NLETS integration projects mentioned in the previously-released memos dated January 9, 2013;
- The number of sanctions or disciplinary actions initiated due to misuse of ALPR equipment or data since the program's launch;
- A copy of any documentation or reports surrounding the last monthly security / integrity audit conducted by the ALPR Administrator.
I also request that, if appropriate, fees be waived as I believe this request is in the public interest. The requested documents will be made available to the general public free of charge as part of the public information service at MuckRock.com, processed by a representative of the news media/press and is made in the process of news gathering and not for commercial usage.
In the event that fees cannot be waived, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 15 business days, as the statute requires.
Mr. Meller -
Please find the attached letter from Agent Berry.
SLED Public Information Office
Please find the attached letter from Agent Berry along with the
information requested in your email dated 1/6/14. Thank you.
SLED - Public Information Office