|Multi Request||2020 Vigilant Data Sharing Information - Automated License Plate Reader (ALPR)|
|Submitted||Jan. 28, 2020|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Arizona Public Records Law, I hereby request the following records:
Part A: Information related to Automated License Plate Reader (ALPR) data sharing.
1) The names of agencies and organizations with which the Agency shares ALPR data;
2) The names of agencies and organizations from which the Agency receives ALPR data;
3) The names of agencies and organizations with which the Agency shares “hot list” information;
4) The names of agencies and organizations from which the Agency receives “hot list” information;
Part B: Information Related to Numbers of “Detections” (plate scans) and “Hits” (plate scans that matched to a hotlist)
5) The aggregate number of detections collected during 2018;
6) The aggregate number of “hits” during 2018;
7) The aggregate number of detections collected during 2019;
8) The aggregate number of “hits” during 2019.
Approximately two years ago your agency provided the equivalent information in response to a records request. You can view your agency’s previous release here: https://www.eff.org/pages/explore-alpr
For items 1-4: This information is easily available within the Agency’s Vigilant Solutions LEARN system. The simplest way to extract this data is to generate an “Agency Data Sharing Report” PDF file from within LEARN. To do this, a user may simply go to the “Sharing” section of LEARN and select “Output Report.” A CSV/XLS file containing these records would also satisfy this request. The instructions for extracting this data is described on pages 62-63 of the LEARN Agency Manager Guide, which may be found at this link: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3860685-LEARN-5-1-Agency-Manager-Guide.html
For items 5-8: This information is easily available within the Agency’s Vigilant Solutions LEARN system. The simplest way to extract this data is to generate a “Dashboard Hit Ratio Report” PDF file from within LEARN. We would prefer the data for each year to be provided separately. The instructions for extracting this data is described on pages 78-79 of the LEARN Agency Manager Guide, which may be found at this link: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3860685-LEARN-5-1-Agency-Manager-Guide.html
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days.
A copy of your requested materials is attached. Please follow
the instructions below to retrieve your document..
- Use a computer – not a CELL phone.
- Open and download within 14 days; the link will no longer be
available after that.
Please DO NOT RESPOND to this E-Mail, as responses are NOT
If you have questions or require additional assistant please
contact the Scottsdale Police Records Unit at 480-312-1999 for
We use our Secure Email System to email reports, so please read
instructions before continuing:
1. Click on the link below. You will be taken to another screen
that asks for your user name, type in your email address (case
sensitive) as your user name and click "Authorize".
2. You will then receive a second email that contains a link.
3. Click on the link and you will be taken to a new screen.
4. In this screen, find the "Attached Files". Your PDF document
5. Click on the PDF file name to open and SAVE your document
(please save and/or print at this time, as the original link will
Melanie Barrett, B1630
Scottsdale Police Dept – Records Unit
The following files are attached to this message:
- Green Letter 20-001936.pdf (158 KB), Checksum: 62a343a562bf0cf6a99eeded02eb98e05edd4374116beb1f57c02b1fece875f0
Please click on the following link to download the attachments:
This email or download link can not be forwarded to anyone else.
The attachments are available until: Wednesday, 26 February
Message ID: pzTMi5pOjtFRLVfcLsg2j9
Validate Email Address
Email validation to download secure attachment at securemail.scottsdaleaz.gov.
Please click on the following link to view the message:
Or alternatively, enter this validation codein the browser window where you entered your
This code and link is valid for 1 hour from the request, until 11:05. Please click on the original link in the message email if the link has expired to request a
new validation email.