|Submitted||Aug. 7, 2020|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the California Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
As used herein, “Record” includes “Public Records” and “Writings” as those terms are defined at Government Code § 6252(e) & (g).
The specific records requested from the City of San Rafael and/or the San Rafael City Council are:
1) Record of any memorandum of understanding between City and school police;
2) Record of any supervisory and/or oversight responsibilities for the City related to school police;
3) Any records documenting relationship between City and of school police and/or SROs;
4) Records on the public process for filing complaints on school police;
5) Records on any public complaints filed in the past 5 years (2015-2020);
6) Records on any investigations of school police or school resource officers; and
7) Total $ of expenditures on police and SROs in the school district(s) in your jurisdiction (Please provide the source of the funding for these efforts and the funding timelines).
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.
Rev. Marie B. Tracy, M.Div.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following California Public Records Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on Aug. 7, 2020. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
Please see the attached letter with enclosure from Assistant City Attorney Lisa Goldfien in response to your records request to the City of San Rafael.
Laraine K. Gittens | City of San Rafael
Office of the City Attorney
1400 5th Avenue
San Rafael, CA 94901
Tel: (415) 485-3080
Fax: (415) 485-3109
This email and any attached files are CONFIDENTIAL and PRIVILEGED, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named as the recipient. If you have received this email in error, please destroy it and notify the sender by reply to email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>. Thank you.
I am following up on my original email and the voicemail I left today (8/28) to see if the City of San Rafael has received my PRA submissions and if you can kindly provide a timeline for providing a response.
Thanks so much!