|Multi Request||Citizen App New York|
|Submitted||Nov. 15, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the California Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
Public reports state that the Citizen App, which tracks crime, has come to your city (https://medium.com/citizen/citizen-brings-fast-growing-safety-app-to-phoenix-deef586c471d). Therefore, I hereby request the following records:
1) All instructional materials, presentations and presentation materials (including recorded video and audio, PowerPoint files, prepared remarks, and slides formats), and other guidance on the use of the Citizen App. This includes A) any notes taking during meetings that discussed the use of Citizen, B) any explanations (whether internally or externally generated) of how Citizen works, and C) any other document that has been used to help explain the use of Citizen to any party, including internal documentation, public relations materials, and executive summaries.
2) A copy of any privacy impact assessments, use policies, standard operating procedures, data retention policies, legal opinions, warranties, non-disclosure agreements, contracts, liability waivers, insurance agreements, Requests for Proposals, Responses to Requests for Proposal, Memorandums of Understanding, Letters of Interest, usage policies, or informal agreements between the police department and Citizen.
3) A copy of any funding opportunity announcements, grant applications and grantor status/progress reports, reports to legislative bodies, annual reports that mention Citizen, as well as audit records, including but not limited to security audits of the software, misuse reports, and reports to oversight bodies.
4) Any digital communications including but not limited to emails and text messages) as well as documents, (including but not limited to PDF, word processing, excel, and slide documents) that mention the Citizen App.
5) Any digital communications (including but not limited to emails and text messages) with Citizen App representatives.
These documents will be used by VICE Media in the course of news gathering and journalism in the public service. They will be used to inform reporting for www.vice.com, an international media organization.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.
We received your records request in the Office of the Mayor and have conducted an inquiry regarding the items you seek. We have not located any responsive records in the Office of the Mayor.
My understanding is that the City has not entered into any agreement or relationship with the Citizen App. If you have any questions or would like to make a follow-up request, please let me know.
Office of the Mayor
City and County of San Francisco