|Submitted||Aug. 7, 2020|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the California Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
As used herein, “Record” includes “Public Records” and “Writings” as those terms are defined at Government Code § 6252(e) & (g).
The specific records requested from the Town of San Anselmo and/or the San Anselmo Town Council are:
1) Record of any memorandum of understanding between the Town and school police;
2) Record of any supervisory and/or oversight responsibilities for the Town related to school police;
3) Any records documenting relationship between Town and of school police and/or SROs;
4) Records on the public process for filing complaints on school police;
5) Records on any public complaints filed in the past 5 years (2015-2020);
6) Records on any investigations of school police or school resource officers; and
7) Total amount of expenditures on police and SROs in the school district(s) in your jurisdiction (Please provide the source of the funding for these efforts and the funding timelines).
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.
Rev. Marie B. Tracy, M.Div.
Dear Rev. Marie B. Tracy,
The Town does not have records pertaining to the Police Authority. The Central Marin Police Authority handles police activity for residents and citizens within San Anselmo. Their website is https://www.centralmarinpolice.org/9/Contact-Us
Town of San Anselmo
525 San Anselmo Ave
San Anselmo, CA 94960
Hi Ms. Kacmar,
Thank you for your response.
Per your guidance, I have followed up with CMPA for the requested information in questions 4-7 of my original PRA.
For questions, 1-3 (noted below), I presume this would be documentation that the City of San Anselmo would have re: the City's relationship with the police since it directly involves the City of San Anselmo. Other cities in Marin, like Mill Valley, have been able to produce this information and I was hoping San Anselmo could do the same. Can you please let me know if this would be possible? And if it is, please provide the requested information?
Questions from original PRA:
1) Record of any memorandum of understanding between City and school police;
2) Record of any supervisory and/or oversight responsibilities for the City related to school police;
3) Any records documenting relationship between City and of school police and/or SROs;
The Town of San Anselmo is not in charge of the school police and does not have any documentation of school police services.
Sent from my iPhone
There are no files associated with this request.