It is a clone of this request.
|Submitted||March 16, 2018|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Virginia Freedom of Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
Any and all statistics, data, reports, audits, policies, and procedures pertaining to the following items regarding sexual assault evidence collection (SAEC) kits (also known as "rape kits") and processing:
• all standard operating procedures regarding the SAEC process
• any written policies or procedures regarding department practices on the acquisition of or handling of rape kit evidence, including protocols for its collection, testing, and delegation and transfer to all other possibly relevant locations, laboratories, or agencies
• the number of kits collected and booked into evidence from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of kits that have been processed by a public or private crime or forensic laboratory or equivalent processing location from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of unprocessed kits in any storage facilities currently under the department’s jurisdiction and control, including those held by medical personnel or at external laboratory locations
• any materials regarding the status or ultimate disposition of cases in which a kit was collected. Please include all available segregable data.
• all audits involving this agency regarding the collection or backlog of SAEC kits
• all proposed alterations or yet-to-be-implemented changes to the policies and procedures regarding the collection, testing, and use of SAEC kits
If there any questions about this request, please feel free to call us at the MuckRock office at 617-299-1832.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 5 business days, as the statute requires.
Please note that I am a citizen of Virginia, and am using MuckRock's services to help manage and track my request.
MuckRock Virginia, LLC
To Whom It May Concern,
Attached please find the Richmond Police Department's request for an extension regarding your FOIA request for records pertaining to sexual assault evidence collection.
NOTE: Please provide the name of the individual making this request through MuckRock Virginia LLC or the name of the primary contact for this organization. Virginia Code § 2.2-3704 (A) (4) allows us to require the requester to provide their name and legal address. We will process your request as soon as we receive this information.
Karla E. Peters
Richmond Police Department
Office of General Counsel
The contents of this email are CONFIDENTIAL and may be protected by attorney-client privilege. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, PLEASE NOTIFY ME and PROMPTLY DELETE this email.
Since we have not received a response from the email that was sent on March 19, 2018, I can only assume you have withdrawn your request. If I am mistaken in my assumption, please provide the requester’s name and legal address and we will begin processing your request.
William K. Shipman
Associate General Counsel