|Submitted||Nov. 11, 2014|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the California's Sunshine Amendment (Cal. Const. Art. I, § 3(b)), I hereby request the following records:
- Copies of all MOUs, contracts, and/or purchase orders pertaining to AXON body cameras and Evidence.com between the Rialto Police Department and TASER International.
- A copy of the interactive crime map available through Evidence.com. If it is not possible to transmit a copy of the map itself, then I request a screenshot of the full webpage the map appears on.
- Copies of all "agency usage reports" compiled by or through Evidence.com since Jan. 1, 2014.
- A copy of all memos, slides, guidelines, or other instructions concerning the use of body-worn cameras.
- A copy of all emails to or from Rialto police officers in which the subject field contains any of the following words: "body cam", "body camera", "body-worn cam", or "body-worn camera".
- A copy of all complaints made by Rialto police officers pertaining to the use of body-worn cameras.
I also request that, if appropriate, fees be waived as I believe this request is in the public interest. The requested documents will be made available to the general public free of charge as part of the public information service at MuckRock.com, processed by a representative of the news media/press and is made in the process of news gathering and not for commercial usage.
In the event that fees cannot be waived, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.
Good Morning Mr. Anderson,
Your request is currently being reviewed and a formal response will be provided to you by the end of this week. Thank you.
Jacquelyn L. Morales
Rialto Police Department
"Don't find fault, find a remedy."
- Henry Ford
A fix is required to perfect the request.
Dear Mr. Anderson,
Attached please find correspondence from Nour Al-Hashimi dated November 21, 2014.
Ronique S. Tatum, Legal Secretary
Continental Park Terrace
2361 Rosecrans Avenue, Suite 475
El Segundo, California 90245-4916
P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.
The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the confidential use of the designated addressee named above. The information transmitted is subject to the attorney-client privilege and/or represents confidential attorney work product. Recipients should not file copies of this e-mail with publicly accessible written or electronic records. If you are not the designated addressee and you received this document through inadvertent error, any further review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication, and any attachments, by you, or anyone else, is strictly prohibited. IF YOU RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY BY TELEPHONE TO THE ABOVE-NAMED SENDER AT (310) 527-6660 ext 6680. Thank you.
Please see the attached.