|Submitted||April 9, 2020|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Nevada Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
- The amount of money being spent on new buildings and current construction projects on campus in the years 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- The amount of money being pulled from student tuition for new campus buildings and construction projects in the years 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- The breakdown of where the money pulled from student tuition was spent for each building and construction project in the years 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- Documentation showing, in the event no tuition was pulled for construction purposes, explain why none was pulled for the years 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- Contracts between the construction company used for new building, for construction occurring in the Gateway District and the William N. Pennington Engineering building.
My request falls under the Nevada Open Records Act § 239 et seq. I am a student journalist at the University of Nevada, Reno and the records will contribute significantly to the public’s understanding.
I am also working on deadline and want access to the records as soon as possible, within one week if at all possible. I would greatly appreciate the department for
expediting my request.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 5 business days, as the statute requires.
Dear Mr. Mendez,
Attached is the response to your public records request #1336.
Part #1 (Project Costs for FY17 – FY19 and FY20)
Part #2 (Construction Projects UNR)
Parts #3 and #4 please refer to #2.
Part #5 The University has no documents that are responsive. The project is a State Public Works Board Project.
Administration & Finance
Clark Administration / MS0003
1664 N. Virginia St.
Reno, NV 89557