|Submitted||Oct. 27, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Nevada Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
Any and all statistics, data, reports, audits, policies, and procedures pertaining to the following items regarding sexual assault evidence collection (SAEC) kits (also known as "rape kits") and processing:
• all standard operating procedures regarding the SAEC process
• any written policies or procedures regarding department practices on the acquisition of or handling of rape kit evidence, including protocols for its collection, testing, and delegation and transfer to all other possibly relevant locations, laboratories, or agencies
• the number of kits collected and booked into evidence from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of kits that have been processed by a public or private crime or forensic laboratory or equivalent processing location from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of unprocessed kits in any storage facilities currently under the department’s jurisdiction and control, including those held by medical personnel or at external laboratory locations
• any materials regarding the status or ultimate disposition of cases in which a kit was collected. Please include all available segregable data.
• all audits involving this agency regarding the collection or backlog of SAEC kits
• all proposed alterations or yet-to-be-implemented changes to the policies and procedures regarding the collection, testing, and use of SAEC kits
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 5 business days, as the statute requires.
Please see our attached response to your request.
Please feel free to contact me regarding our response and any additional information or clarification that you require.
[Offical Badge 2015]
Quality Assurance Manager
Washoe County Sheriff's Office - Forensic Science Division
email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> / Office: 775-328-3380
911 Parr Blvd., Reno, NV 89512
[cid:image003.png@01D31A9A.BC9FA060]<https://twitter.com/washoesheriff> [cid:image004.png@01D31A9A.BC9FA060] <https://www.facebook.com/washoesheriff> [cid:image005.png@01D31A9A.BC9FA060] <https://www.washoesheriff.com/>
CONFIDENTIAL NOTIFICATION: This message and attachments are intended only for the addressee(s) and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, I did not intend to waive and do not waive any privileges or the confidentiality of the messages and attachments. Any unauthorized forwarding or distribution of this information without consent is prohibited. If you receive this communication in error, please notify me immediately by e-mail and delete the message and attachments from your computer and network.