|Multi Request||Maryland police data|
|Submitted||Sept. 14, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Maryland Public Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
1. All information reported to the Maryland Police Standards and Training Commission regarding Serious Police Officer Involved Incidents and Officers Disciplined as required by Public Safety Article §3-207(b)(1) in 2017 and 2018.
2. All traffic stop data reported pursuant to Maryland Transportation Article, § 25-113 for stops made in 2017 and 2018.
3. The total number of civilian complaints reported in 2016, 2017, and 2018 (separated by year).
4. The total number of civilian complaints sustained in 2016, 2017, and 2018 (separated by year).
5. The total number of uses of force reported in 2016, 2017, and 2018, separated by type of force used for each year (separated by year).
Note, I’m requesting aggregate statistics or these requests, which does not include identifiable or protected information regarding complaints, officer personnel records, or use of force.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.
This is the final response from the Prince George's County Police Department reference your request. You requested the following information through the Maryland Public Information Act.
1. All information reported to the MPTC regarding serious police involved incidents in 2017 and 2018.
That information is included in Attachment #1.
2. All traffic stop data pursuant to T.A. §25-113 for 2017 and 2018.
Those stops are electronically gathered by the Delta Plus Program. To get that information, please contact, Maryland Statistical Analysis Center.
3. Total number of civilian complaints reported in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
4. Total number of civilian complaints sustained in 2016,2017,2018.
5. The total number of uses of force reported in 2016,2017 and 2018, separated by type of force used each year.
The total number of reported uses of force, 2016 = 508, 2017 = 655, 2018 = 662. Please refer to the attachments for the type of forced used.
In closing, you may seek judicial review of this decision pursuant to Maryland Code Ann., General Provisions, Article 4-362. If you have any questions or need to contact me regarding this matter, I can be reached during normal business hours at (301) 772-4226.
Associate County Attorney
This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Prince George's County Government or Prince George's County 7th Judicial Circuit Court proprietary information or Protected Health Information, which is privileged and confidential. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited by federal law and may expose you to civil and/or criminal penalties. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout.