|Submitted||Feb. 6, 2018|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the California Public Records Act (California Government Code §§ 6250), I hereby request the following records:
• All records regarding the purchase of, acquisition of, installation of, subscription to, payment for, or agreements concerning software designed to access information from social media services
• Any and all contracts (as well as all associated amendments, exhibits, and materials), memorandums of understanding, and other equivalent agreements entered into by this agency with any software or equipment company providing services related to social media surveillance, including but not limited to:
• Intrado Inc.
• Magnet Forensics
• Media Sonar
• Signal Corporation
Responsive materials should include but not be limited to:
• the initial Invitation to Bid, Request for Proposal, or equivalent call for contractors
• the responsive materials provided by the winning bidder
• other bidder responses
• the current contract
• all exhibits
• all amendments
• all performance work statements
• all deliverables inventories
• all invoices related to the deliverance of software, services, or goods
Please also include:
• All records that contain any information about the functioning of software designed to access information from social media services that is used or has been used by this agency
• All records regarding correspondence about or with a company that offers software designed to access information from social media services, including but not limited to all correspondence about or with the companies Brightplanet, Geofeedia, Intrado Inc, LifeRaft, Magnet Forensics, Media Sonar, Signal Corporation, and ZeroFOX;
• All policies related to the acquisition and use of social media by individual officers and representatives of this agency, including all records regarding the policies that govern access to or use of software designed to access information from social media services
• All training materials and all records used to instruct members of your agency in the proper use of software designed to access information from social media services or of the information such software is capable of accessing
• All records regarding the sharing with entities outside this agency of information obtained from or obtained by using software designed to access information from social media services
• All policies related to the acquisition and use of social media surveillance software by individual officers and representatives of this agency
• All records referencing social media profiles, comments, posts, messages, or events accessed or retained from social media services through use of software designed o access information from social media services
• All materials related to the use of any other social media platform, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Nextdoor, etc.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following California Public Records Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on Feb. 6, 2018. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response, or if further clarification is needed.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
Dear Mr. Lipton,
I received a public records request from you on February 16, 2018, regarding information pertaining to programs or software designed to access information from social media. I am sending this email to inform you our department does not have any such programs or software, so, therefore, I am unable to complete your records request.
Should you have any further questions please feel free to ask.
Lt. Rich Standridge
Porterville Police Department
350 N. D. Street, Porterville, CA 93257
This e-mail (and attachments, if any) may be subject to the California Public Records Act, and as such may therefore be subject to public disclosure unless otherwise exempt under the Act.
There are no files associated with this request.