Asset forfeiture annual reports (Plymouth County District Attorney's Office)

Andrew Quemere filed this request with the Plymouth County District Attorney's Office of Plymouth County, MA.


From: Andrew Quemere

To Whom It May Concern:

Pursuant to the Massachusetts Public Records Law, M.G.L. c.66, ยง10, I hereby request the following records:

* All annual reports on civil asset forfeiture accounts from 2000 to the present

* All policies, procedures, and training records related to civil asset forfeiture

I also request that, if appropriate, fees be waived as we believe this request is in the public interest, as suggested but not stipulated by the recommendations of the Massachusetts Supervisor of Public Records. The requested documents will be made available to the general public free of charge as part of the public information service at, processed by a representative of the news media/press and is made in the process of news gathering and not for commercial usage.

I expect the request to be filled in an accessible format, including for screen readers, which provide text-to-speech for persons unable to read print. Files that are not accessible to screen readers include, for example, .pdf image files as well as physical documents.

In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.


Andrew Quemere

From: PlymouthDA, Public Records (PLY)

Dear Mr. Quemere:

Thank you for your request under the public records law. I am writing to let you know that we have received it.

Yours very truly,

Gail M. McKenna
Public Access Officer

From: PlymouthDA, Public Records (PLY)

Dear Mr. Quemere:

Please find attached the public records you requested.

There are no other records responsive to your request.

If this decision was unfavorable to you, we would advise you of your rights to appeal to the Supervisor of Records, or to file a civil action in the Superior Court.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Very truly yours,

Gail M. McKenna
Records Access Officer
Plymouth County DA's Office
32 Belmont Street
Brockton MA