|Submitted||Sept. 8, 2022|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the South Dakota Open Records Law, I hereby request the following records:
SDCL 1-27-48 provides:
" A public entity shall make available, upon request, the following documentation for each electronic records system:
(1) A narrative description of the system purpose and functionality; and
(2) Such information as may be reasonably necessary for a member of the public to request the public information that is stored in the electronic records system. "
BoA is a public entity (SDCL 3-21-1) and appears to manage the electronic records system of the Flight Planner. I think I've got a grasp on what the purpose and functionality of the system. This request is for information about the system. Namely,
(1) Database schema for the system;
(2) A list of fields kept for each leg of each flight of each trip including but not limited to "FlightID" and "LegID", as well as any determinants used to identify which agency is responsible for the cost of the flight; and
(3) Timespan of retention of records
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days, as the statute requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following South Dakota Open Records Law request, copied below, and originally submitted on Sept. 9, 2022. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
Please find attached the Bureau of Administration's response.
"A goal casually set and lightly taken is freely abandoned at the first obstacle." Zig Zilgar
[Icon Description automatically generated]
[A picture containing logo Description automatically generated]
Scott W. Bollinger
320 N. Nicollet
Pierre, SD 57501
Duly noted, thank you for your response! Have a nice day.