It is a clone of this request.
|Submitted||Aug. 17, 2017|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the New York State Freedom of Information Law (1977 N.Y. Laws ch. 933), I hereby request the following records:
Any and all statistics, data, reports, audits, policies, and procedures pertaining to the following items regarding sexual assault evidence collection (SAEC) kits (also known as "rape kits") and processing:
• all standard operating procedures regarding the SAEC process
• any written policies or procedures regarding department practices on the acquisition of or handling of rape kit evidence, including protocols for its collection, testing, and delegation and transfer to all other possibly relevant locations, laboratories, or agencies
• the number of kits collected and booked into evidence from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of kits that have been processed by a public or private crime or forensic laboratory or equivalent processing location from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of unprocessed kits in any storage facilities currently under the department’s jurisdiction and control, including those held by medical personnel or at external laboratory locations
• any materials regarding the status or ultimate disposition of cases in which a kit was collected. Please include all available segregable data.
• all audits involving this agency regarding the collection or backlog of SAEC kits
• all proposed alterations or yet-to-be-implemented changes to the policies and procedures regarding the collection, testing, and use of SAEC kits
If there any questions about this request, please feel free to call us at the MuckRock office at 617-299-1832.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 5 business days, as the statute requires.
I am in receipt of your FOIL request. I left it on the police department desk. We are a small Village and the police officers only work part-time. I am sure they will respond timely once they are in the office to work.
Village of Philadelphia
---- email@example.com wrote:
In the attached document I explain that we are a very small part time police agency and any type of call for a potential SAEC case we request assistance from the New York State Police and we assist them in the case.
Have a great day.
Village of Philadelphia PD.
Philadelphia Police Department
56 Main St.
Philadelphia, NY 13673
DISCLAIMER: This e-mail message, including any attached files and subsequent replies, is intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this e-mail message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any viewing, copying, disclosure or distribution of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by either telephone or e-mail, and delete the original and any copies from your computer system. Thank you.