|Submitted||May 5, 2017|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to Mississippi's Public Records Act, I hereby request the following documents:
Any and all statistics, data, reports, audits, policies, and procedures pertaining to the following items regarding sexual assault evidence collection (SAEC) kits (also known as "rape kits") and processing:
• all standard operating procedures regarding the SAEC process
• any written policies or procedures regarding department practices on the acquisition of or handling of rape kit evidence, including protocols for its collection, testing, and delegation and transfer to all other possibly relevant locations, laboratories, or agencies
• the number of kits collected and booked into evidence from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of kits that have been processed by a public or private crime or forensic laboratory or equivalent processing location from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of unprocessed kits in any storage facilities currently under the department’s jurisdiction and control, including those held by medical personnel or at external laboratory locations
• any materials regarding the status or ultimate disposition of cases in which a kit was collected. Please include all available segregable data.
• all audits involving this agency regarding the collection or backlog of SAEC kits
• all proposed alterations or yet-to-be-implemented changes to the policies and procedures regarding the collection, testing, and use of SAEC kits
If there any questions about this request, please feel free to call us at the MuckRock office at 617-299-1832.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 7 business days, as the statute requires.
Please see attached.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Please contact me with any questions or if you require anything further.
James A. Bobo
Law Offices Of James A. Bobo
J. Bobo Inc.
2511 Old Brandon Road, Suite C
Post Office Box 97998
Pearl, Mississippi 39288
Cell: (601) 506-6727
Fax: (601) 510-9294
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential
and protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, be
aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify us immediately by replying to the sender and deleting this
copy and the reply from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.
CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: Pursuant to Treasury guidelines, any federal tax
advice contained in this communication, or any attachment, does not
constitute a formal tax opinion. Accordingly, any federal tax advice
contained in this communication, or any attachment, is not intended or
written to be used, and cannot be used, by you or any other recipient for
the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be asserted by the Internal
A letter stating the requester must agree to or prepay assessed or estimated fees in order for the agency to continue processing the request.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Freedom of Information request, copied below, and originally submitted on May 5, 2017. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response, or if further clarification is needed.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.