|Submitted||Aug. 17, 2021|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the New Jersey Open Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
1. the total number of use of force incidents reported by the police department, separated by year and by type of force used from 2013-2020 (for example: 15 taser incidents in 2018, 27 taser incidents in 2019, 3 baton incidents in 2013, 18 baton incidents in 2014, etc.)
2. the total number of civilian complaints alleging any form of law enforcement misconduct that were reported and the total number sustained from 2013-2020, separated by year (for example: 8 complaints in 2016, 2 complaints sustained in 2016, 4 complaints in 2017, 1 complaint sustained in 2017, etc.)
3. the total number of civilian complaints alleging law enforcement use of excessive force that were reported and the total number sustained from 2013-2020, separated by year.
4. the total number of civilian complaints alleging biased policing or racial profiling that were reported and the total number sustained from 2013-2020, separated by year.
5. the total number of civilian complaints alleging criminal conduct that were reported and the total number sustained from 2013-2020, separated by year.
6. a list of all officer involved shootings that were directed at a person from 2013-2020 (excluding shootings of animals and accidental discharges that are not directed at a person).
7. all information reported to the FBI’s National Use-of-Force Data Collection program to date.
If only partial information is available responsive to one or more of these requests, please provide all of the information that is available.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 7 business days, as the statute requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following New Jersey Open Public Records Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on Aug. 17, 2021. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
Please see the attached responsive records to your OPRA request.
You have received access to a Serv-U File Share from Jacqueline Murray. The link to transfer your file(s) will expire on Sunday, September 26, 2021 3:11 PM.
***NOTICE: The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Unauthorized use of this e-mail may constitute a violation of federal and state law. Although the City of Paterson attempts to sweep e-mails and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.***