It is a clone of this request.
|Submitted||Sept. 30, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Florida Sunshine Law, I hereby request the following records:
Records and materials related to the solicitation, acquisition, and use of face recognition technology and related software and services.
This software or services may be provided by Rekognition, Face++, and FaceFirst; this request is applicable to these and any other company providing facial recognition services under consideration or contract with this agency.
Materials responsive materials include but are not limited to:
• Agreements: contracts (including non-disclosure agreements), licensing agreements, nondisclosure agreements
• Bid records: Requests For Proposal (or equivalent calls for bids), sole source or limited source justification and approval documentation, documentation of selection, and other materials generated in the consideration and selection of the technology in question
• Company relations and communications: records related to meetings or follow-up actions with any vendors, companies, or other private entities marketing face recognition to this agency for immigration, intelligence, law enforcement, or other use.
• Financial records: purchase orders, invoices, and other memoranda and documentation.
• Marketing records: All marketing materials - unsolicited, requested, or otherwise - acquired from vendors of face recognition technology
• Policy records: any policy directives, guidance documents, memoranda, training materials, or similar records governing the use of face recognition technology for immigration, law enforcement, or other purposes.
• Training records: training material governing the use, sharing, or access to any related data related to or collected by the face recognition software/technology, including the legal standard that is required before using the technology
• Use and function records: Materials that describe the function of the software considered or in use by this agency, including emails, handouts, PowerPoint presentations, advertisements, or specification documents.
Please limit the search to records produced from January 1, 2017 – present. Please include in your search as responsive records: communications, memorandums, background papers, meeting minutes, email exchanges, or presentation materials. If your office has questions about this request, please feel free to direct them to the address associated with this request or call the MuckRock office at 617-299-1832.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days.
Your request for records has been received by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office and a tracking number has been assigned as noted above. This has been forwarded to the appropriate department for processing. Someone from that department may be in contact with you to clarify any questions related to your request, advise of possible associated costs, and review pickup/delivery options.
If you should have any questions or would like to check the status of your request, please feel free to contact our Central Records Division by phone at (561) 688-3140, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person at one of our district offices. The hours for our Central Records Division at the Airport Center are Monday – Friday, 7:30am to 6:00pm.
** Please do not reply to this email. This inbox is not monitored and all messages to this address are deleted. Please see above for our contact information. **
Records Production Division
Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office
3228 Gun Club Road
West Palm Beach, FL 33406
Your request for records has been completed. Please see attached documents(s).
Records Production Division
Palm Beach County Sheriff Office