It is a clone of this request.
|Submitted||Aug. 11, 2017|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the New York State Freedom of Information Law (1977 N.Y. Laws ch. 933), I hereby request the following records:
Any and all statistics, data, reports, audits, policies, and procedures pertaining to the following items regarding sexual assault evidence collection (SAEC) kits (also known as "rape kits") and processing:
• all standard operating procedures regarding the SAEC process
• any written policies or procedures regarding department practices on the acquisition of or handling of rape kit evidence, including protocols for its collection, testing, and delegation and transfer to all other possibly relevant locations, laboratories, or agencies
• the number of kits collected and booked into evidence from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of kits that have been processed by a public or private crime or forensic laboratory or equivalent processing location from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of unprocessed kits in any storage facilities currently under the department’s jurisdiction and control, including those held by medical personnel or at external laboratory locations
• any materials regarding the status or ultimate disposition of cases in which a kit was collected. Please include all available segregable data.
• all audits involving this agency regarding the collection or backlog of SAEC kits
• all proposed alterations or yet-to-be-implemented changes to the policies and procedures regarding the collection, testing, and use of SAEC kits
If there any questions about this request, please feel free to call us at the MuckRock office at 617-299-1832.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 5 business days, as the statute requires.
Your email to Hill, Brady J <firstname.lastname@example.org> is almost there!
We need to verify your email address.
Click the link below to instantly become a trusted sender.
Thanks for your email. Steuben County is using Sendio's Opt-Inbox™ technology to ensure they do not receive unwanted email. Verifying your email address will ensure that all future email from email@example.com will be delivered directly to Hill, Brady J's inbox without delay.
Verification using the button above is instantaneous but if you prefer, simply sending a reply to this email will also work.
Need help, or want to learn more about how Opt-Inbox verification works? Visit https://sendio.com/solutions/opt-inbox/verification-process/
If you did not send a recent email to firstname.lastname@example.org, please disregard this message.
Your email to Hill, Brady J <email@example.com> has been delivered.
Thank you for verifying your email address.
As a trusted sender, your future messages will go directly to Hill, Brady J's inbox.
Sendio's Opt-Inbox™ technology ensures users receive only the email they want.
Learn more at https://sendio.com/solutions/opt-inbox/