|Submitted||Jan. 6, 2017|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to Florida's Sunshine Law (Fla. Stat. secs. 119.01 to 119.15 (1995)), I hereby request the following records:
1. All records regarding the purchase of, acquisition of, installation of, subscription to, payment for, or agreements concerning software designed to access information from social media services;
2. All records that contain any information about the functioning of software designed to access information from social media services that is used or has been used by your university;
3. All records regarding correspondence about or with a company that offers software designed to access information from social media services, including but not limited to all correspondence about or with the companies Brightplaent, Geofeedia, Intrado Inc, LifeRaft, Magnet Forensics, Media Sonar, Signal Corporation, and ZeroFOX;
4. All records regarding the policies that govern access to or use of software designed to access information from social media services;
5. All training materials and all records used to instruct members of your agency in the proper use of software designed to access information from social media services or of the information such software is capable of accessing;
6. All records regarding the sharing with entities outside the university of information obtained from or obtained by using software designed to access information from social media services;
7. All records referencing social media profiles, comments, posts, messages, or events accessed or retained from social media services through use of software designed to access information from social media services.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I would request your response within ten (10) business days.
I've received your request and am responding on behalf of UCF.
I have a few questions. Do items 1-7 apply to the UCF Police Department, UCF, or another university entity? Could you please specify a time period for which you are seeking records? Could you also explain what you mean by "access information?" UCFPD and UCF do not use any of the services mentioned in item 3, so I'm unclear as to how you are defining "access information."
Assistant Director, UCF News & Information
Public Information Officer, UCF Police Department
Breaking News/After Hours: 407.823.5300
Please note: Florida has a very broad open records law (F.S. 119). Emails may be subject to public disclosure.
Hi Courtney, Narrowing the search to the UFC police department and records created since January 1, 2014 should work. Thanks, Working Narratives
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Freedom of Information request, copied below, and originally submitted on Jan. 6, 2017. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response, or if further clarification is needed.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
We've reviewed your request and again are unclear as to the scope of what you're looking for. UCFPD has a contract with Snaptrends. Is that what your request applies to?
Yes, thanks, purchase orders, contracts and correspondence related to UCFPD's Snaptrends account would fill the request.
A portion of the records related to your request are attached. We're continuing to review for other responsive records, and I'll follow up should we have any.