|Multi Request||Voter registration website|
|Submitted||Oct. 13, 2020|
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Oregon Public Records Law, I hereby request the following records:
A series of voter registration website outages have made national news in recent weeks:
Therefore, I request the following information:
- Contracts, plans, RFPs, and underlying information about the design of online voter registration systems
- Presentations and emails regarding these systems
- Any disaster recovery / backup plans / failsafes for voter registration databases and registration websites or emails/plans/RFPs/presentations regarding this
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity contracts, plans, RFPs, presentations for voter registration websites and databases
- Any cybersecurity audits/penetration test reports / RFPs and contracts regarding online voter registration systems
Please search from Jan 1, 2018 until the day this request is processed.
These documents will be used for reporting on Motherboard, VICE Media's science and tech website (www.motherboard.vice.com)
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Oregon Public Records Law request, copied below, and originally submitted on Oct. 13, 2020. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
Thank you for the inquiry. Currently, the below request is very broad and due to the election we have limit staff time available. If we could get more details on the specific information you are seeking we can provide timeline and possible costs.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.
Sarah L. Roth, CPPO, CPPB, OPBC, CPM
Oregon Secretary of State
Chief Procurement Officer
Procurement and Operations Manager
Dear Mr. Koebler:
I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The Elections Division has been extremely busy with the election, including post-elections processes, and we are short staffed. The Elections Division has completed its search and does not have any responsive records.
Oregon Elections Division
Desk Phone: 503-986-2312
Cell Phone: 503-580-9664