|Submitted||March 28, 2016|
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to North Dakota Constitution, Article XI, Section 6, and the North Dakota Open Records Statute, N.D.C.C. § 44-04-18(1), I hereby request the following records:
• The manual that this FOIA office uses to process FOIA requests, or, if no manual exists, other guiding documentation/protocols for processing Freedom of Information Requests.
• All guides to agency Freedom of Information Act request regulations (For reference, see the Department of Justice's Guidance on FOIA Regulations [https://www.justice.gov/oip/oipguidance/guidanceagencyfoiaregulations] and the associated template [https://www.justice.gov/oip/templateagencyfoiaregulations])
• All guidelines and regulations regarding the submission and processing of appeals, including but not limited to:
- The appropriate person or position to whom an appeal should be submitted
- The appropriate address to which an appeal should be submitted
- Any appropriate fax numbers and email addresses available for the submission of appeals All guidelines regarding the processing time and procedures for appeals
- All rights related to the submission of appeals, including those related to appeal rights for constructive denial
If any responses include direction to an online location or similarly publicly-available material, please provide direct links or file downloads.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I would request your response within ten (10) business days.
North Dakota does not have any separate manuals governing open records, but follows guidelines provided on the links below which are:
· The ND Attorney General’s Open Records and Open Meetings Manuals, which detail information requests at the state level
· North Dakota Century Code Chapter (NDCC 44-04), which deals with open records requests to North Dakota governmental entities
Thank you so much for your help with this request. Not only is it much appreciated, but you were inadvertently entered into our FOIA March Madness competition (https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/2016/mar/21/submit-your-picks-muckrocks-foia-marches-madnesses/), and I have to say that your office has accidentally owned the competition.
Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it.
Have a lovely evening,