It is a clone of this request.
|Multi Request||Equifax investigation|
|Submitted||Sept. 12, 2018|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
Dear Public Records Officer:
This is a request under the North Carolina Public Records Law.
According to numerous news reports, Equifax Inc. has said that Attorneys General from all 50 states have been investigating/probing Equifax's actions regarding the massive info breach that the company revealed in September 2017.
I hereby request the following:
1) All INTERIM and FINAL/CLOSING reports, memos, and similar documents that your office has created regarding the Equifax breach.
2) All letters and similar correspondence sent to Equifax, informing them of your findings, requirements, etc.
3) All documents that Equifax has sent to your office in the course of the investigation/probe.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees over $10, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request be filled electronically, by email attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you for your assistance.
Dear Mr. Kick:
The North Carolina Department of Justice (DOJ) received your public records request. We understand that you are seeking the following records:
1) All interim and final/closing reports, memos, and similar documents that [NCDOJ] has created regarding the Equifax breach;
2) All letters and similar correspondence sent to Equifax informing them of [NCDOJ] findings, requirements, etc.; and
3) All documents that Equifax sent to [NCDOJ] in the course of the investigation/probe.
If the above does not accurately capture the records you are seeking, please contact me as soon as possible. We will notify the Section within DOJ that will assemble and prepare any responsive records. Once this group has assessed the scope of your request and available resources to process it, they will determine when you can expect the records to be produced. I will let you when we expect to make the records available to you.
If you have any questions, please contact me.
Please note messages to or from this address may be public records.