|Multi Request||Geolocation data providers|
|Submitted||July 7, 2021|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) seeks records describing the relationship between your agency and third-party providers of geolocation data. In particular, we seek records related to:
• the location data provider Gravy Analytics and its subsidiary Venntel
• Babel Street’s service Locate X.
For the purposes of this request, the term “geolocation data” refers to GPS data acquired from cell phone apps, connected vehicles, or other connected devices, or from third-party aggregators of such data, which pertains to the location of individual persons or devices, whether identified or de-identified.
We request the following records for the period between January 1, 2015 and the present:
- All contracts or written agreements between Office of the Attorney General - New Mexico, or consultants thereof, and Gravy Analytics, Venntel, or Babel Street;
- All presentations, marketing materials, or proposals by contractors, subcontractors, or consultants working with Office of the Attorney General - New Mexico relating to the use of geolocation data from Gravy Analytics, Venntel, or Babel Street;
- All technical documentation, guides, presentations, or policies describing access to, storage of, or use of geolocation data acquired from Gravy Analytics, Venntel, or Babel Street;
- All written communications, emails, and attachments between Office of the Attorney General - New Mexico and Gravy Analytics, Venntel, or Babel Street;
- All written communications, emails, and attachments between Office of the Attorney General - New Mexico and INRIX.
If your office or agency contracts with a company not named here for geolocation data, provision of the alternate organization and equivalent responsive materials would be greatly appreciated.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public. This request is being made in the public interest and is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Investigative Researcher, Electronic Frontier Foundation
Please see attached correspondence. Thank you
Patricia M. Salazar
*Office of the New Mexico Attorney General*
P.O. Drawer 1508
Santa Fe, NM 87504
*Office Number* (505) 490-4863 *Fax Number* (505) 717-3600
“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” ― Dr.