FOIL: Involvement with and Influences from GARE (Sole Supervisory District Of Nassau County And Boces)
|Multi Request||FOIL: Involvement with and Influences from GARE|
|Submitted||March 18, 2023|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
From: Jackson Parker
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the New York Freedom of Information Law, I hereby request the following records:
I am writing to request records pursuant to the New York State Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) (Public Officers Law Article 6) regarding the involvement of the agency with the Government Alliance on Race and Equity (GARE) or The Local & Regional Government Alliance on Race and Equity and/or an organization by the name "Race Forward" and/or an organization by the name "[the] Center for Social Inclusion" collectively referred to as GARE.
I am requesting access to any and all records, documents, communications, or other materials related to the following:
1. Any contracts or agreements between the agency and GARE or any related organizations.
2. Any training materials or presentations related to racial equity, diversity, or inclusion that the agency has used or received from GARE or any related organizations.
3. Any policies or programs related to racial equity, diversity, or inclusion that have been influenced by GARE or any related organizations.
4. Any reports, data, or other information related to the agency's efforts to promote racial equity or reduce racial disparities among students, faculty, staff, or the community at large, in collaboration with GARE or any related organizations.
5. Any meeting minutes or other records of discussions or decision-making related to the agency's involvement with GARE or any related organizations.
Please include all documents and materials from January 1, 2016, to the present.
If any portion of my request is denied, please provide a written explanation for the denial, citing the specific FOIL exemption(s) that justify the denial.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 5 business days, as the statute requires.
There are no files associated with this request.