It is a clone of this request.
|Submitted||Aug. 30, 2015|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to Tennessee's Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
All contracts (and their amendments), memorandums of understanding, intergovernmental service agreements, and any agreements of any sort entered into by Nashville-Davidson County, Tennessee for all services, equipment, and activities involving/provided by/contracted for regarding Metro-Davidson County Detention Facility and any facilities associated with it through any of the aforementioned agreements regarding the facility.
Responsive materials should include but not be limited to:
• the initial Invitation to Bid, Request for Proposal, or equivalent call for contractors
• the responsive materials provided by the winning bidder
• all other vendor responses
• all evaluation material, scorecards, reports, and notes generated in the selection process
• the current contract
• all exhibits
• all amendments
• all invoices/receipts detailing compensation received as a result of any agreements
• all agreements related to the provision of services, such as water, sewage, natural gas, garbage, etc.
• all financial agreements (such as loans or bonds) entered into as a result or in association with any of the aforementioned agreements
• all agreements, invoices, and related materials regarding the use of inmate labor by any of this agency's divisions or jurisdictions
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that fees cannot be waived, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 7 business days, as the statute requires.
Beryl C.D. Lipton
How do you do M. Lipton:
I acknowledge the MuckRock request, however to state up front, the State of TN has a residency clause which is part of Tennessee’s Public Records Act:
T.C.A. §10-7-503(a)(2)(A) provides, in part, that “All state, county and municipal records shall, at all times during business hours…, be open for personal inspection by any citizen of this state…”
This has been a part of the law for many years. Due to the volume of public records requests received by the Metropolitan Government, and the time it takes to respond to these requests, it is our policy to follow the stated language of the statute and to limit such requests to citizens of Tennessee.
If you are not a resident of Tennessee, would you please contact your associates in Tennessee and have them place the request to the appropriate Metro department. All Metro Departments, including Procurements, etc., may be located at: http://www.nashville.gov/Services/Find-Metro-Departments.aspx
Thank you and best to your business –
Metro Records Management
Metro Records Center