EBT restrictions (Montana)

Vanessa Nason filed this request with the Department of Public Health and Human Services of Montana.
Est. Completion None


From: Vanessa Nason

To Whom It May Concern:

Pursuant to Montana Public Records Act, Article II, § 9, I hereby request the following records:

–Specific foods, products, or services that cannot be purchased using EBT cards
–Types of establishments that do not accept EBT cards (for example, jewelry stores, firearms dealers, etc.)

I also request that, if appropriate, fees be waived as we believe this request is in the public interest, as suggested but not stipulated by the recommendations of the Massachusetts Supervisor of Public Records. The requested documents will be made available to the general public free of charge as part of the public information service at MuckRock.com, processed by a representative of the news media/press and is made in the process of news gathering and not for commercial usage.

I expect the request to be filled in an accessible format, including for screen readers, which provide text-to-speech for persons unable to read print. Files that are not accessible to screen readers include, for example, .pdf image files as well as physical documents.

In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days, as the statute requires.

Please note that I am a citizen of Arkansas, and am using MuckRock's services to help manage and track my request.


Vanessa Nason

From: Ebelt, Jon

Hi there,

In relation to EBT, are you asking about a specific program, such as the SNAP program? Can you be more specific about your request? And, I’m confused as you mention the Massachusetts Supervisor of Public Records. Can you explain?


Jon Ebelt
Public Information Officer
Montana Dept. of Public Health
and Human Services
Office: (406) 444-0936
Cell: (406) 461-3757

Follow us:

From: Vanessa Nason


I'm looking for what is eligible and ineligible for purchase with SNAP and Cash Assistance funds.

I submitted this request to every state, and mistakenly left in the parts pursuant to Massachusetts and Arkansas in this request. Please disregard those parts. Sorry!