|Submitted||Feb. 28, 2018|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to Michigan's Freedom of Information Act ("FOIA"), I hereby request the following records:
Copies of all available emails, documents and email attachments exchanged, from August 1, 2017 and February 28, 2018, between officials at the Michigan Attorney General's Office and individuals affiliated with the following organizations and companies. I am providing email domains and email addresses as search terms.
- Judicial Crisis Network (“@judicialnetwork.com”)
- National Rifle Association (“@nrahq.org” ; “@nraila.org”)
- Koch Industries (“@kochind.com” ; “@kochps.com”)
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce (“@uschamber.com” ; “@instituteforlegalreform.com”)
- Federalist Society (“@fed-soc.org” ; “email@example.com”)
- Altria Client Services (“@altria.com”)
- Purdue Pharma (“@pharma.com”)
- Mallinckrodt (“@mallinckrodt.com”)
- Anthem, Inc. (“@anthem.com”)
- Southern Company (“@southernco.com”)
- Peabody Energy (“@peabodyenergy.com”)
- DTE Energy (“@dteenergy.com”)
- Community Choice Financial ("@ccfi.com")
- Advance America (“@advanceamerica.net”)
- American Chemistry Council (“@americanchemistry.com”)
- Monsanto (“@monsanto.com”)
- Hamilton Consulting Group (“@hamilton-consulting.com”)
- Michael Best Strategies, LLC (“@michaelbeststrategies.com”)
- Bruning Law Group (“@bruninglawgroup.com”)
- Cozen O’Connor P.C ("@cozen.com")
- Hunton & Williams (“@hunton.com”)
Please understand “officials” to include individuals holding the following titles: Attorney General; Chief Deputy Attorney General; Senior Advisor; Chief Legal Counsel; and Solicitor General.
Please note that we do not want copies of any newsletters you regularly receive from these organizations. We also do not want copies of any materials that specifically pertain to ongoing opioid litigation.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 5 business days, as the statute requires.
c: (954) 410-4522
Dear Mr. Perez,
Please see the attached notice issued by the Department in response to your FOIA request, responsive records, and a copy of your original request.
Michigan Department of Attorney General