|Submitted||Aug. 18, 2021|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Idaho Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
1. the total number of use of force incidents reported by law enforcement, separated by year and by type of force used from 2013-2020 (for example: 27 taser incidents in 2019, 16 taser incidents in 2020, 3 baton incidents in 2019, 4 baton incidents in 2020, etc.)
2. the total number of civilian complaints alleging any form of law enforcement misconduct that were reported and the total number sustained from 2013-2020, separated by year (for example: 8 complaints in 2016, 2 complaints sustained in 2016, 4 complaints in 2017, 1 complaint sustained in 2017, etc.)
3. the total number of civilian complaints alleging law enforcement use of excessive force that were reported and the total number sustained from 2013-2020, separated by year.
4. the total number of civilian complaints alleging biased policing or racial profiling that were reported and the total number sustained from 2013-2020, separated by year.
5. the total number of civilian complaints alleging criminal conduct that were reported and the total number sustained from 2013-2020, separated by year.
6. all information reported to the FBI’s National Use-of-Force Data Collection program to date.
7. a list of all officer involved shootings that were directed at a person from 2013-20 (excluding shootings of animals and accidental discharges that are not directed at a person).
If only partial information is available responsive to one or more of these requests, please provide all of the information that is available.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 3 business days, as the statute requires.
Attached is a cost letter and cost invoice for the request you submitted.
Payment need to be received first before we start fulfilling the request.
If you have any question, please give me a call
Community Services Division | Records Clerk
Meridian Police Department
1401 E. Watertower St., Meridian, Idaho 83642
Phone: 208-846-7300 | Fax: 208-846-7366
All e-mail messages sent to or received by City of Meridian e-mail accounts are subject to the Idaho law,
in regards to both release and retention, and may be released upon request, unless exempt from disclosure by law.
THIS TRANSACTION IS INTENED FOR THE SOLE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL LISTED ABOVE AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY DISSEMINATION, DISTRUBUTING OR DUPLICATION OF THIS TRANSMISSION BY SOMEONE OTHER THAT THE INTENDED ADDRESSEE OR THEIR DESIGNATED AGENT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.