|Multi Request||Texas police data|
|Submitted||July 12, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
1. The total number of police use of force incidents, broken down by type of force used, between 2013-2018 (separated by year).
2. The total number of people that police used force against, between 2013-2018 (separated by year).
3. A copy of all complaints reported by civilians against police between 2013-2018.
4. A copy of any documents indicating whether the civilian complaints identified in request #3 were sustained.
5. The policy manual of the police department.
6. The current union contract between the city and any police unions or police associations.
7. All records regarding police shootings (including fatal police shootings, non-fatal police shootings and police shootings at a civilian that missed) between 2013-2018, including incident-level information specifying the date of each incident, race and gender of all subjects involved, what weapon if any they were armed with, any injuries or deaths resulting from the incident, the names of all officers involved, whether administrative investigations found the incidents to be justified under police department policy and any disciplinary actions taken against the officers as a result of the incident.
8. All records regarding civilian deaths or serious injuries resulting from police use of force between 2013-2018, including incident-level information specifying the date of each incident, race and gender of all subjects involved, what weapon if any they were armed with, any injuries or deaths resulting from the incident and the names of all officers involved.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days, as the statute requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Texas Public Information Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on July 12, 2019. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
A copy of documents responsive to the request.