|Submitted||Aug. 1, 2018|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
From: Sarika Ram
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Massachusetts Public Records Law, I hereby request the following records:
-Any information about voting procedure or policies disseminated in correctional facilities (as referred to in 467.07 of DOC 467 - Inmate absentee voting)
Please provide all relevant materials for each of the following facilities:
- Boston Pre-Release Center
- Bridgewater State Hospital
- Lemuel Shattuck Hospital Correctional Unit
- Massachusetts Alcohol and Substance Abuse Center
- Massachusetts Correctional Institution - Cedar Junction
- Massachusetts Correctional Institution - Concord
- Massachusetts Correctional Institution - Framingham
- Massachusetts Correctional Institution - Norfolk
- Massachusetts Correctional Institution - Plymouth
- Massachusetts Correctional Institution - Shirley
- Massachusetts Treatment Center
- North Central Correctional Institution
- Northeastern Correctional Center
- Old Colony Correctional Center
- Pondville Correctional Center
- South Middlesex Correctional Center
- Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center
Please provide materials on a rolling basis, as they become available.
If you have any questions, please feel free to clarify via phone at 610-637-7745.
I also request that, if appropriate, fees be waived as we believe this request is in the public interest, as suggested but not stipulated by the recommendations of the Massachusetts Supervisor of Public Records. The requested documents will be made available to the general public free of charge as part of the public information service at MuckRock.com, processed by a representative of the news media/press and is made in the process of news gathering and not for commercial usage.
I expect the request to be filled in an accessible format, including for screen readers, which provide text-to-speech for persons unable to read print. Files that are not accessible to screen readers include, for example, .pdf image files as well as physical documents.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days, as the statute requires.
From: Department of Correction
Please see the attached response to your records request.
Director of Communications
Massachusetts Department of Correction
50 Maple Street
Milford, MA 01757
Phone: (508) 422-3436
Fax: (508) 422-3406