It is a clone of this request.
|Submitted||April 19, 2018|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Massachusetts Public Records Law, I hereby request the following records:
Records and guidelines on MBTA transit police encounters with the homeless at South Station between January 2018 to April 19, 2017, including:
1. Any memos issued to officers about changes in operations at South Station.
2. A copy of the standard practices, procedures, and policies for how MBTA transit policy are to deal with the homeless.
2. Any emails or updates in training or policy for officers who would potentially encounter the homeless at MBTA stations.
3. Any incident reports for when the homeless would resist help or arrest.
4. Any incidents or citations that occurred at South Station.
I also request that, if appropriate, fees be waived as we believe this request is in the public interest, as suggested but not stipulated by the recommendations of the Massachusetts Supervisor of Public Records. The requested documents will be made available to the general public free of charge as part of the public information service at MuckRock.com. I am also the editor-in-chief of Spare Change News and can make use of the documents in that newspaper.
I expect the request to be filled in an accessible format, including for screen readers, which provide text-to-speech for persons unable to read print. Files that are not accessible to screen readers include, for example, .pdf image files as well as physical documents.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days, as the statute requires.
There are no files associated with this request.